Monday, July 17, 2006

Drops, drops and more drops. It’s amazing how many miles I have driven around this town slinging my photos and postcards. I started doing it from the first week of being in Los Angeles 8 years ago and it was one of smartest things I did. I know this town like the back of my hand – as far as casting offices go. It also helped me understand the casting process; which is so, so important.

Driving around so much is exhausting at times, but I carry on through thick and thin. I have no choice. Well, of course I have a choice, but this is what I signed up for. Nobody is forcing me to stay here or in the business. So I have to do what it takes for me to move forward.

While out in the field today I ran into my friend Denice Sealy; she was doing drops too. I was heading in one direction and she was heading in another so we gave each other some of our own photos and got even more accomplished. It seems like a never ending thing, but I think that is the advantage for me because no sane person would do it for days, weeks, months, and years. I have to say I am really glad to have some of the foundation building behind me because it’s a lot of work – a lot.

2 comments:

schwammy said...

Stephon, I love what you're doing with this blog. For the present day, you keep wannabes like me grounded and aware of the reality of the day-to-day grind of being an actor in LA. You also have in a way created your own vehicle and done something unique. I myself probably would not be as open about my life as you are. I think it's great. I also think the "Long-Ass Blog" may someday serve a historical function. Future generations may look back on these pages with curiosity and nostalgia for those glorious, dim days of the late 20th / early 21 centuries, and learn what it was like to be there in the Bronze Age (or whatever they decide to call it) of Hollywood, trying to achieve the American dream. Your perseverence and sunny attitude are an inspiration to all of us. Keep it up!
Al Marsh

Stephon Fuller said...

Hey al,

Thanks for the kind words and I appreciate you taking the time to check in. Have a great weekend!

Stephon