Thursday, July 20, 2006

The episode of “Love, Inc.” I appeared in is scheduled to re-air tonight/Thursday @ 8:30 on UPN. Unfortunately, since it’s UPN and we actors have such a terrible deal on residuals I will probably owe them money before it’s over – or maybe it’s just me that they pay so little. The first re-air was roughly 10% of my original guest-star rate so for this second one I expect to get a letter asking me to pay them $1,120.33. This situation definitely shapes how I approach my career - it's a snakey situation.

OMG!!! If I see one of the 4 commercials (2 Sprint, KFC, and Comcast) I was on avail for or had callbacks for again I'm gonna..........be even happier for the actors that booked them over me. I mean that too; of course I do. They are running constantly. Make dat money fellas!!

I surely hope that when I went to Japan and Spain that others were genuinely happy for me. It comes and goes.....and hopefully more stuff will come soon.

Okay I was really hoping to get a callback for the "FedEx" spot that shoots in New York. Why? Several reasons.

I would love to book a commercial.
I would love to go to New York to work on a project.
If I went to New York for a project I'd go back to Virginia Beach on the way home and see my family and of course wax my little brothers a** on the dirt bike again!!

IT'S MY FREAKIN' TURN to book a commercial!!!!!
I finally paid my SAG dues of $469.

Those are good reasons, right? I felt it went really well and I thought I was very right for it, but that doesn't usually tell the whole story. I know that callbacks are today and tomorrow and it's 5:20pm and I haven't heard anything. Oh well, I'll get 'em next time. I know I say that all the time, but I truly believe it. I will book again! I'll be back!!!

CUT TO: INT. - STEPHON'S CAR - DAY - 6:18pm.

SFX: Cell phone ringing. It's KSA, my commercial agency. Could it be? A callback for "FedEx"? Maybe...

I call to check the voicemail and it's the familiar voice of Tracy saying....

"Stephon, it's Tracy @ KSA calling to tell you that you have a......."

At this point I'm thinking "YES! I'm one step closer to going to New York for the "FedEx" spot"!

.....the message continues..."callback for the "ESPN Promo" at Skirts Casting" you're going back to 1641....."

What? I didn’t go in on an “ESPN Promo”…hmmm. I wonder what that’s all about. Either it’s a mistake and someone else at the agency has a callback for it or I am going straight to callbacks.

I call Tracy back to get the skinny on what’s going on. Indeed I am going straight to callbacks. Cool! I haven’t given up on “FedEx” though maybe they’ll call tomorrow for a same-day callback.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stephon,

Sorry I didn't get a chance to call you and pick your brain while you were here in Hampton Roads. My life is keeping me busy. Glad you had a great time, and I'm really looking forward to your MONK episode!

-Cole

Stephon Fuller said...

Yeah, I was pretty busy the whole time I was there. Lots of family time on the road; I can't wait to go back!

The "Monk" episode airs August 4th @ 9pm on USA.

Stephon