Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Wow, today had me running around a bit and everything went smoothly. One great thing was, for the first time in a while, I didn’t get a headache. I was going to go to the doctor and get checked out, but I am trying to rest more, eat more and drink more water. Like any normal person I love to sleep, but I think I love to work even more. 8 hours of sleep is usually waaaay too much for me, but I think it’s smart and healthier to sleep more than I currently do. I love food, but my stomach must be the size of a grape, I eat very little and very slow. I have to make it a point to eat before I leave my apartment in the morning – and I have to kinda force that. It’s nothing for me to not eat anything until the afternoon. I just don’t really think about it. I don’t understand it, although I think I gained some weight while I was on vacation. Imagine that!!

Audition: “Wal-Mart” @ Ross Lacy Casting. Okay, this audition requested that we wear pajamas to it. Okay, I have pajamas. So I’m trying to figure out what to wear to the audition so I could easily change into my pajamas and I just didn’t want to do it. Maybe it was because I live really close to this particular place I was going to the audition. I didn’t want to get out of the shower, get dressed, change 20 minutes later into pajamas at the audition and then change back into my street clothes.

So, I decided to just wear my pajamas and skateboard to the audition. That way I wouldn’t have to change clothes. So if you saw a thin brotha, skateboarding down La Brea Ave around 10:30 this morning, wearing flip-flops and white socks with a headshot/resume in his hand it might have been me. Matter of fact it WAS me.


Yup...

Yesterday, while leaving the same audition facility I saw a man pushing a shopping cart, that included probably everything he owned, wearing nothing but a black T-shirt and tennis shoes. Nothing else…except his blonde, sun-bleached hair. NOTHING ELSE. His ass was chillin’ like it was Monday morning; and you know what? It was Monday morning. I had never seen that before; his butt was just hanging out there for everyone to see. I’m much too shy for that, but I was willing to do the pajamas thing. It was pretty sad to see somewhere so down on their luck. I hope he finds something to wear. Anyway, the audition went well; I felt really free.

Audition/Producers: “The Other Mall” @ Ross/Silverberg Casting. This is an ABC Family Half Hour Pilot Presentation. Based on my decision to pass on the producer session for “Without a Trace” Why am I going in for this co-star on this show? Good question.

“Without a Trace” is a show that is going to be around, I would guess, at least 2 more seasons if not more. Obviously I’m on the radar of that casting office and didn’t want to possibly book the particular role I had an appointment for. I figured I’d take a risk, pass on the audition, and hopefully, I’ll get a chance to book something a little more substantial in the future. The season is young. It’s one of my “blue-chip” shows and I treat them a little different than others.

The audition goes okay. I read it once, got direction (which I though was a good sign) and read it better the second time. Truthfully, I thought there was another role I was more right for, but I didn’t get to read for it. I didn’t ask either. A plus was that this is an AFTRA show and I didn’t have my usual nasty attitude towards AFTRA shows, that is a sign of moving forward, because I do not like AFTRA very much. Well, it’s not that I don’t like AFTRA, it’s just that I would rather not have to join AFTRA.

Audition: “Verizon” @ Kathy Knowles Casting. This one went great and I believe it shoots in Vancouver next week. Callbacks are Thursday; I hope to be there.



Me jumping over my VW bug back in the BACK in the day!! This isn't when I fell on my head. Norfolk, VA.
This is me taking care of business on the half pipe back in da 80's!! Skills baby! Virginia Beach, VA.

6 comments:

Matt Shields said...

the vw jump pic.... classic

Stephon Fuller said...

Yeah, those were some good times...

The Alan Heitz Show said...

Ah, the 80s.

ACTORSITE said...

Yo Stephon, I never knew you were so Evil Knievelish!!!!! Good crowd!!!

Stephon Fuller said...

Yeah, I've been known to take a chance or two.

Stephon

Bonnie said...

That's HAWT, *S*... way HAWT.