Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Nothing going on today; other than trying to figure where I should drop headshots at. Gotta keep it moving.

The phone rings at 10:04am; it’s an associate from Natasha Cuba Casting with an appointment to go on tape for “Short Circuitz” anytime before 12:30pm. On the message she said she was calling my agent as well.

At 10:22am my commercial agency calls with another appointment for 1:35pm; then calls back at 10:38 with a callback also at 1:35pm. The also gave me the time frame so I could get to the callback and also make the first time audition.

I check the sides for “Short Circuitz” and it’s a funny, but very short scene with Wayne Brady. A little while after that my theatrical agent calls with the same info; I didn’t mention I had already gotten the call. She was surprised I was considering auditioning for it. I thought the bit was funny and this casting office is usually busy, plus they called me in for a commercial a couple of days ago.

They told her that they wanted me to read for two different roles. I looked at the other role which was one line and we were not go to audition for that. So my agent called back to confirmed that the scene was really with Wayne Brady and that I wouldn’t read for the other role. My agent and I also agreed that if for some reason they offer me the other role that I am not auditioning for we would not accept. It’s was great to be able to talk to my agent about these things as we try to build this career.

Audition: “Short Circuitz” @ Natasha Cuba Casting. I read for the role of “Dexter” and it goes really well. After reading; the guy running the camera said “okay, cool now we’ll go ahead and read the other role. I said, “no, I think I’ll let it ride with my read for “Dexter”. He kinda looked at me funny and then said “okay”. I thanked him and left.

Callback: “Shell” @ Jessica J. Casting. I don’t know what else to say; I feel it went well and I’m right for it. It’d be nice to book something.

Audition: “Dodge” @ Alyson Horn Casting. Good time, fun audition that I’m perfect for. Hopefully, I’m not the only that thinks that.

So, all in all, a great, productive day. I woke up this morning with no appointments and ended up with three.

http://www.stephonfuller.com/consultations.html

No comments: