Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Audition: "AirTran" @ Ross Lacy Casting. Nice, nice nice! Another one in the bucket. I'm so overdue commercially it's not even funny, but I have a feeling I’m gonna hit soon. Yeah, I've been saying that for YEARS!! Faith and confidence is an amazing thing. Hopefully they’ll bring me in for round two.

I received a note yesterday from Alicia, one of my commercial agents, which totally made my week. It was in reference to the article I wrote for Backstage. Alicia is the one who recommended me to someone who recommended me to someone else in New York to write the article. Wow, it almost seems like I'm starting to "know people who know people".

Alicia wrote:

=====
That article should be required reading for every actor - I am sending it to the rest of the agents to show that some actors do indeed get the big picture - and it's no coincidence you are as successful as you are.

It's a pleasure being your agent.

Alicia
=====

Wow! That means a lot coming from a partner at one of best talent agencies in the business.

Audition: "Kellogg's" @ Lisa Fields Casting. This is a Canadian national spot; I don't think I've ever read for a "Canadian National Spot" before, but there's a first time for everything huh?

This one was a little weird. I was portraying a runner who was running in slow motion. Before we slated our names, the female runner was instructed to spray me with water that was supposed to be sweat….like in a sweaty runner. Yo! That was kinda sexy. I mean here is this attractive woman in great physical shape; wearing some kinda form-fitting outfit spraying me with water…I don't know where that came from, but I would love to do it again at callbacks and again on-set. Yup, you've got it right - hot, shapely, strangers of the female persuasion, in running attire, spraying water in my face drives me crazy. Anything for a check huh? Or a potential check. It went well; I ran really, really slow.

I left this audition feeling so strongly about how fortunate I am to do what I do for a job. I mean it has to be one of the greatest ways to make a living in the world. I really look forward to bigger and better things while enjoying what I have today…and I have a lot. And I’m looking to get more.

Tonight I went to a dinner for the family of Eric Gelman. Eric was a great, funny actor friend I used to work with in New York at The Harley-Davidson Café. He was super talented and just a joy to be around. At the dinner were 10-12 people that I also used to work with 10-12 years ago in New York. That is amazing in itself that so many of us are still in touch from a seemingly "random restaurant job" from a decade ago. I have to say that this was anything but a "random restaurant job"; it was one of the greatest jobs I've ever had and Eric was a part of that.

Ironically, we had been loosely planning a get together for the coming weeks, but then got word that Eric's parents were in town. At that point everything changed and we HAD to get together. Why? Because Eric Gelman, that wonderful son, actor, friend and funnyman was murdered on April 17th 2005. His parents are in town for the trial. We wanted to show support to his family.

This is and continues to be a heart breaking situation. His parents and other members of his family that I've met are the greatest…and truth be told……I hate that I know, first-hand, just how great they are. I hate that I've shaken their hands, hugged them and have cried in front of them. I wish I'd never met them; it tears me apart to see them go through this. I wish I could continue to see Eric and just “wonder” what his family is like. It's very clear as to where Eric came from; I see him in them. The only reason I know his parents and any of his extended family is because of this tragic situation. I don’t want to meet anymore of my friends extended family because of a situation like this. To the Gelman Family – you are forever in my heart and my mind.

http://www.stephonfuller.com/consultations.html

No comments: