Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Audition: "Miracle Whip" @ Skirts Casting. I had fun, but I think I might be too young for it. That's okay; it was just great to have an audition for anything. It had been more than a week since my last one.

As soon as I got home Caleigh called with a last minute appointment for a series regular role on a pilot - straight to producers. Cool!

She gives me all the info along with the script. It was a quick, fun read and I am perfect for it. I can SO do this role!

So it's time to get it on its feet. I walk down my street reading the material, making choices and guess who was behind me when I looked back? The Six-Million Dollar Man...seriously...Lee "freakin"' Majors was walking behind me! Why? Well this is Hollywood.

Actually, they were shooting his pilot "Me and Lee?" on my street today. Silly I know, but when things like that happen it really makes me feel like I'm on the right path and that this career thing is working out.

The more I worked on the material the more I felt the role was perfect for me or I was perfect for the role. I ran over to a friend's house to run lines with and he agreed that this role was written for me.

Later, as I made my way onto the lot at Paramount Studios I couldn't help but reminisce about when I booked my first "Frasier" episode. It was one of those fairy-tale situations that you hear about from a "friend of a friend"; the kind were you are booked and go immediately to set. I smile when I think of that experience.

Audition: "Dash 4 Cash" @ Meshel/Scott Casting. I was told that they are way behind in casting this and one other role and when I arrived that was very clear.

Every actor in front of me was in and out in a flash....and this was for a series regular role! The casting process is an amazing beast and fortunately I don't take it personally - at least not usually.

When I got in the room the casting director, whom I hadn't met previously, greeted me with a warm handshake. He immediately started talking about where he recognized me from; he knew I was the stage manager, "Robby" from "Good Morning, Miami". He also happened to see the recent episode of "Brothers & Sisters" I appeared in (little did I know that that would be the highlight of my audition.

Jeff then informed me that we'd only be doing the last of three scenes I'd been told to prepare.....it was over before it began. I hardly even remember what happened.

I learned a valuable lesson today; that I should have taken more control of "my" audition. It was nobody's fault but mine. Next time I'll do my best to slow things down so the CD and I can work on it. I had nothing to lose if I would've taken that approach. At any rate it was a pleasure meeting Jeff and getting into a casting office that I had never been in for…hopefully I’ll get back in soon for something else.

http://www.stephonfuller.com/consultations.html

No comments: