Thursday, March 08, 2007

Okay, so I call my agent this morning too let her know that I wanna go in on the LL Cool J pilot. I tell her “it’s LL, I’m a long-time fan and I would love to pull a gun on him, yell at him and arrest him in a scene”. She says, “I don’t blame you; I’m a big fan too!” Cool. The only question now is “will I be able to actually make it to the audition”. I guess time will tell.

So I arrive at the location, check-in with the 2nd AD and she takes me to my room. The location is an old hospital so it’s a nice sized room with a couch, TV, bathroom, 2 25 pound weights, TV with DirecTV AND a desktop computer….with a high-speed connection! WHAT! Are kidding me? I’ve had some nice accommodations like being fully reclined flying over the Pacific on a Korean Air jumbo to Tokyo while enjoying a 4-course meal and staying at the 5-star Grand Bay Hotel in Miami, but I’ve never had an PC with an internet connection for a day job. Cool. So I filled out my contract, got into wardrobe/hair/make-up, checked my email and then opened MS Word and started writing.

I had asked Pamela, the 2nd AD, about the chances of being released to get to my audition during our lunch break. It didn’t seem likely since lunch was only 30 minutes and at the actual shooting location which is not at the hospital. So I called my agent and let her know. A moment later I got a call asking if I was available tomorrow if we don’t finish today – I am.

After 45 minutes or so I was shuttled to the set for lunch and then a rehearsal of the scene. I got to work with Ken Jenkins AKA “Dr. Kelso”. What a great guy!! He was funny and cool from the very start and made me feel totally at home. The director is Mad TV star Michael McDonald. It was fun to watch the machine that is “Scrubs” in action. After several hours, mostly waiting and laughing, we finished. I won’t be working tomorrow. So I missed my audition today, but that’s okay. Having a TV job on a top show is a good reason to miss it, plus with all the back and forth calling from my agent they know I tried to make it. It’s another casting office on my list that I’ve been trying to get into for a good while; this confirms that they know who I am and that’s a great place to be for starters.



Finally!!!

http://www.stephonfuller.com/consultations.html

No comments: