Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Wow, it’s been a busy 2-3 weeks. Cool, no complaints from me. My agent, Caleigh, left a message for me saying the she’d gotten feedback from “Bones” and to call her at the office. First, I have to say that it feels great to have an agent in the trenches with me hustling to get me seen.

She asked if I wanted the good news or the bad news first. I said I’ll take the bad news first, but I wanted to first thank her for her support, encouragement and always taking time for me.

So on to the bad news. The bad news was that I didn’t book the Guest leading role that I had the appointment for yesterday. Before I could tell her that I didn’t actually read for that role she flowed right into the good news. The good news was that I booked the role that they added just a few hours before my appointment. She said I am “the choice” and that FOX had already approved me. Needless to say I was shocked; totally shocked. I expected the good news to be along the lines of “we liked him, but he’s not right for this – we’ll bring him back”. The interesting thing is that this role is 10-15 years older than what I normally play. So we have to establish a quote and make the deal...wow.

This evening my commercial agent informed me that I had been released from my avail for the “AT&T” spots @ Ross Lacy Casting. I didn’t even know I was on avail. I hope I don’t continue my trend of commercial avail releases from the last year.

I was out doing drop-offs a couple of days ago and stopped by a casting office that I have a relationship with. I just put my photo in the box and was leaving, but then I saw a young guy and asked him if they were in. He wasn’t sure, but told me to go on back if I wanted to. I hesitated, but then went on back and the casting director and associate were there. They greeted me with hugs and asked what I’d been up to. They also told me about their current projects and made it clear to me that there was one I hadn’t been submitted for by my agent. I admittedly was a little surprised, by not worried or annoyed. I assume that happens from time to time and that’s why I’m out in the streets hustling, doing my part.

I called my agent and told her about the project and the roles the CD said I was right for. The CD said they’ll start reading actors in a couple of weeks and I’ll be brought in. Gotta stay on the grind.

http://www.stephonfuller.com/consultations.html

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're an inspiration, Stephon!! :D