Monday, February 11, 2008

It’s pretty much official that the WGA-AMPTP strike is over. Finally! Showrunners are scheduled back to work today with writers reporting on Wednesday of this week. With the timing of it all things could get really busy, really fast.

I stopped by my theatrical agents’ office this morning to bring them a fresh supply of headshots and resumes. It’s great to be able to stop by and have a quick chat with my team about what is happening.

When I first moved here to Los Angeles I specifically concentrated on commercials and television – not so much in the way of film. My rationale was that there was just more television being cast and commercials always came very natural to me. So I came up with my list of “Blue-Chip” shows and went after them.

The plan has worked out pretty well, thus far, but since the strike affected TV much more than film I felt it tremendously; and as a result I only had two auditions since the strike started. One was for a TV show and one was for a film. It revealed that my relationships with film CD’s aren’t as strong as they are in TV world. No worries, just something that I’ll have to make a decision about whether I want to really work on changing…or attempting to change.

I didn’t stress about the lack of film auditions during the work stoppage because I’ve kept myself super-busy since it started on November 5th. Between training to be a camera operator, picketing, commercial auditions, working on my screenplay, etc. I’ve kept it moving. I think ’08 is going to be special for me and many others. I like working in TV and commercials – a lot, but more film opportunities would be cool too.

First thing this morning I got the great news that the “WaMu” commercial I shot just before Christmas starting running. This was a great way to start off the week. I hear it looks pretty good; I hope it runs long and hard.


custom-made, one of a kind, V-neck top with rhinestone
accent and crotch-snap (also custon-made), hand-made
tight-ass fitting pant with rhinestone accent - WHAT!!!!

Later this morning I went to a SAG Wages & Working conditions meeting and on my way out I passed a guy who was on his way in the building and he had seen the commercial this morning and recognized me. I felt so odd, I’m not sure why, maybe because he really caught me off guard. It’s like I don’t know what to say. After 30+ national, regional and international commercials you’d think I’d have a clue by now…just another thing I’m working on in ’08.

http://www.stephonfuller.com/consultations.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hRX79E75yA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vMXinr1N9w

3 comments:

karyrogers said...

That is an outstanding costume. I hope you got to keep it.

Dionne Audain said...

OMGosh I just saw your WAMU commercial HILARIOUS!!! Great job. Congrats
fyi: its 2:52am on the East Coast

Stephon Fuller said...

No Kary, I didn't get to keep it, but I feel like I should try to track it down from the production company. It was costume-made for me afterall....Halloween.

Thank you for letting me know when and where you saw it Dionne!

Stephon