Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Picketing: Paramount Studios. We received a briefing on the strike lines this morning and it seemed to be encouraging news. I sure hope so; this thing needs to end and soon. I sure hope there is great news on the horizon.

Print go-see: "Viread" @ Brigid McBride Casting. Three digital still photos and I was finished.

Something weird has been happening to me lately.

While at the print go-see today I ran into the other actor who was in the running for the same role in the "WaMu" commercial that I shot in December.

Last week I ran into an actress who was in the running for "the wife" in the "WaMu" commercial. She commented that the last time we'd seen each other was at the first callback. At that moment, for some reason, I just froze - completely. Why? You may or may not ask. I faced the "dilemma" of revealing to her that I actually booked that job. Or not saying anything about the booking and then her eventually seeing the spot and thinking I'm an a**hole for not stating the obvious. I didn’t want to be that person who says “look at me and what I’ve done”. I know it may sound really weird, but I usually detest drawing any type of attention to myself. Sometimes; not always. Stage fright? I don’t think so. Odd? Certainly.

So, after about 10 seconds of silence from me I had this confused look on my face.

I told her the news and, of course, she was very happy for me. It was almost like I felt guilty because I booked the job. That is so crazy! What the heck is wrong with me? It's not like it's the first job I've booked. Another thing I'm trying to get the hang of in '08. I better get the hang of it because I will book more than I did in ’07 – regardless of the strike.

http://www.stephonfuller.com/consultations.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hRX79E75yA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vMXinr1N9w

2 comments:

CP said...

I take these online surveys sometimes, and today I was given one with three WaMu commercials. Yours was the most entertaining of the three. I gave it a good rating, so I hope it plays & pays for you. It looks good.

Stephon Fuller said...

Nice! Thanks, that is great news.

Stephon