Monday, March 17, 2008

It looks like I’ll be getting back in shape. Yep. I renewed my gym membership. It ran out 6 months ago and I didn’t renew it in an effort to keep my expenses super low in anticipation of the just finished WGA strike and possible, upcoming work stoppages. No, I wasn’t thrilled with the company I was dealing with, but I had a great deal. The deal was from a coupon I was given years ago. I originally signed up for $90 for a year and it would increase around $10-$13 a year – also, part of the deal was that I was limited to just one location of the gym locations available.

Every time I considered moving to another company I realized I had a great deal and I’d have a hard time beating it. As I said before I wasn’t crazy about the company I was dealing with and I knew that if I renewed my membership after being inactive for 6-months of the term they would try to only give me 6 months instead of the full year I’d be paying for. Nah dawg; caint do dat.

Well, in January, while listening to a podcast I learned the company received a last place rating in a national magazine. Several weeks after that they started sending me offers to renew my membership that weren’t too much better than my original renewal so I ignored them. Then a couple of weeks ago they sent me a deal I couldn’t refuse. It was a “Welcome Back!” deal. Renew for $90 – pay up front and they will give me 60 days free for a total of 14 months. Also, as long as I stay current, it’s only $9 a month or $90 a year if pay annually, never to increase, cancel anytime and I’m now a Premier member that can go to most any club nationally. $90 a year!!?? In Los Angeles? Now I can get my girlish-figure back! I love beating big companies at their own game, but I'm still a little suspect of the fine print...and my interpretation of it.
Wow, I’ll no longer be “pudgy”. I might even get my “nice buns” back from the “WaMu” shoot – scary. Don’t sleep!

http://www.stephonfuller.com/consultations.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hRX79E75yA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vMXinr1N9w

No comments: