Thursday, April 24, 2008

Audition: "Cox Cable" @ Joe Blake Casting. Yes! This audition went really well even though I was preparing the wrong character the entire time I was preparing in the lobby. I knew the copy backwards and forwards so I was able to switch it up right away. I expect to get a callback on this one.

It seemed like the SAG-AMPTP negotiations might have been moving forward, but now it seems like “no so much”. To be frank - this sucks. It makes me sick to my stomach that these huge entities - the studios - are so greedy. I don’t know what’s going to happen in the near or distant future concerning the entertainment business, but things are changing and I hope I can continue to make a living in this business…

…on to better news. I received my official notice from the Screen Actors Guild today informing me that I’m now a vested member of the guild. I’ve earned my 10 pension credits and I qualify for an early retirement. This is really exciting news for me because if I decide to retire from acting and do something else I’ll have something tangible to show for my time spent in the field – a pension for the rest of my life.

Speaking of retirement or better yet being tired I am contemplating going back East for a while – I’d like to go back for the rest of the year and come back in January to be honest. As it stands right now, I have no idea what I’m going to do, but I’d love to be away from Los Angeles and the entertainment business for a spell.

http://www.stephonfuller.com/consultations.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hRX79E75yA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vMXinr1N9w

3 comments:

Frances Uku said...

congrats on the vestage brotherman, i don't know anyone who deserves it more.

Stephon Fuller said...

Hey Frances,

Thank you for the kind words. It feels great among all of the other things that are going on.

I don't know why I've always put a great bit of emphasis on being vested, but it's always been an important goal.

Thanks again!

Stephon

Frances Uku said...

are you kidding me? of course it's hella important - you are a legit, for real, bona fide success in the toughest profession in the world. no matter what happens now, no one can ever take that away from you. hats off, sir!