Sunday, June 08, 2008

I got off work about 7am this morning to find a text message from one of my brothers informing me that one of my other brothers’ was in the ER with a bulging disc in his back. I immediately felt an insane amount anxiety. I had no idea what had happened and call right away to find out.

It turned out that he’d aggravated something while riding his mountain bike last week and the pain became unbearable. I know my brother and he must have been in an extreme amount of discomfort to have gone to the hospital emergency room @ 1am. Geez, if it ain’t this it’s that these days.

I couldn’t talk to him just yet; he was drugged up, but I did talk to the brother that sent the text. He told me that even morphine wouldn’t ease the pain so they had to give him something stronger through an IV. I don’t know what the heck he was trying to prove on the mountain bike. He knows he will NEVER be able to hang with me on a mountain bike – ever. All of my male siblings are quite active and sometime we don’t know when to stop I guess.

I can’t tell you how much I love my siblings and how much it hurts me when things aren’t okay with them. Like many I don’t have a perfect family, but they are mine. I’m not extremely close with all of them, but I love them nonetheless. Nobody in this world makes me laugh like my siblings and laughter is one of my favorite things.

Get well brother…so I can wax your ass next time I come home.

http://www.stephonfuller.com/consultations.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hRX79E75yA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vMXinr1N9w

No comments: