Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Wow, I am SO tired today and I have plans to fix it that by sleeping ALL DAY and up until I go to work tonight. My plan was going really well until KSR called a with a same day appointment. Of course I welcomed the audition, but boy did I need some more rest. The appointment was for later so I didn’t have to gt out of bed right away.

Cut to: 30 minutes later -

KSR calls again with another same-day appointment for about the same time as the other one which is in the Valley; this one is clear on the other end of town in Santa Monica at the beach. No complaints from me; this is why I moved 3,000 miles from home and I always recognize how fortunate I am to have agents that consistently do their best to get me acting jobs.
Audition: “H&R Block” @ Kathy Knowles Casting. It’s funny because I haven’t auditioned at this very busy office for a good while and now this is my 4th time in 2 weeks. The audition went well and I think I’m pretty right for it so hopefully I’ll get a callback.

Before I went in to read Andre Royo walked in. Andre played “Bubbles” on HBO’s “The Wire” for 5 seasons. You might be aware that I think “The Wire” is, without question, one the best production I have ever seen. Amazing acting, directing, writing, production design, prop, etc. and Andre’s portrayal of “Bubbles” was incredibly rich. We spoke briefly and he really appreciated my kinds words. He is about the 5th person from the cast that I’ve spoken to in recent months. Too bad The Emmy’s missed the boat in fully recognizing the series.

Audition: “H&R Block” @ Kathy Knowles Casting. Somebody over there must think I’m doing a great job because they keep bringing me in for different things. I was on-point and hopefully they’ll see me again at callbacks…and again on-set.

Audition: “Priceline” @ ASG Casting. This was fun; it was another spot featuring William Shatner. I had to mimic his voice and style of speaking – I did pretty well I think.

Needless to say that after driving from Miracle Mile to Santa Monica to Universal City my rest time was short.

http://www.stephonfuller.com

No comments: