Friday, February 13, 2009

Audition: “Dr Scholl’s” @ Ross Lacy Casting. Yeah, I too get tired of writing about how well my auditions are going, but not translating into bookings. Well here’s another one. Actually, I blew the first take (it’s ADD related, gotta work on that), but we did two more takes and they were great fun. Ross’ is another office that I have a good record of callbacks, avails and bookings…and avail releases too, BUT let’s not talk about that – just bookings!

A couple of nights ago I attended a mixer for CastingAbout. I have to say that I really like these guys and this company. They just seem like good people, plus they provide a tremendous service for keeping up with casting directors, associates, assistants, TV/Film projects and the status of them, etc. They’ve just partnered with Breakdown Services which I assume helps them get the word out.

I’ve always had to use several different sources to maintain my database of the casting community. It takes a lot of work, but I have been very successful at it. Keeping track of the casting community is a tough thing to perfect, but CastingAbout makes it a little bit easier and more informative – especially keeping track of associates and assistants as they move from office to office. And they plan to cover New York in the near future.

http://www.stephonfuller.com

No comments: