Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Audition: “Subway” @ Kathy Knowles Casting. Another one that I think I’m really right for, plus it went pretty well. I often get callbacks at this office so hopefully the trend will continue.

Callback: “Volkswagen” @ Ross Lacy Casting. Yes, I got a callback and it went great. I knew the dialogue and had the right vibe for it. When my partner and I entered the room the creative team was having a little bit of a “behind the scenes” conversation about what to do in the spot from a production/casting point of view. Not stuff that actors typically hear, but having sat in on some of those talks both commercially and theatrically I picked up on it right away. I have to say that sometimes I think it might be better if I knew a little less about the process.

Anyway, the read went well. I think my partner and I played off of each other well. I was the straight man of the duo and he was more the “larger than life” element. When we finished one gentleman on the creative team asked me if I was the guy from the 1988 film “Diehard”; “Argyle” the limo driver. People have asked me that since the film was first released more than 20 years ago. I’ve even had people not believe me when I’ve told them I’m not him. I must admit that when I saw the film I could absolutely see why some people thought I was him. We are both of similar build, speak in a familiar cadence and look a little alike, but I’m not him…I swear.

http://www.stephonfuller.com/

No comments: