Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Audition/Tape “Monk” @ CFB Casting. The cool thing about this appointment was that I’ve already worked on the show. The tricky thing about this appointment is that I’ve already worked on the show.

It was cool because it’s like getting a second bite at the apple. Many of us know that, often times, if you’ve worked on a show once you won’t get to work on it again – unless it’s the same role. It was tricky because I wasn’t sure if they remembered that I’d worked on the show before. The dilemma was whether to take the credit off of my resume or not. I opted to take it off my resume. I wasn’t sure it was the right thing to do because I didn’t want it to look as though I didn’t think their show was “good enough” to be listed. Truthfully, I didn’t want anything to get in the way of possibly getting the role and I felt that having already appeared on it could do just that.

So I enter the room and OF COURSE the casting director knew I’d been on the show. He knew the season and even the name of the episode. So then I got in my head about it not being on the resume.

Before reading, the two CD’s commented on how they were a little iffy on they way the scene was written. I gotta tell you I hate those scenes that have all kinds of physical activity going on and this was one them. It didn’t go so well; which was too bad because they’ve hired me twice in the past and were rooting for me. It probably wasn’t as bad as I think, but still…I think the saving grace was that they’ve brought me in numerous times and they know it’s not always going to go great. I’m glad to know I’m still on their radar.

Audition: “Kingsford” @ Ross Lacy Casting. This was fun and went well…thankfully. I could see a callback there. The first take was really good…just not sure the camera was actually taping. The 2nd take was pretty good as well…oh yeah, I think this one is for between 4 and 9 spots. WHAT?? Yeah, that would be nice.

http://www.stephonfuller.com

No comments: