Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Guess what? I signed a new apartment lease today. I’m really excited. It’s so time for me to improve my life on this very basic level of being comfortable where I live. I apologize if you’ve had to listen to me go on and on about not having enough space and not having parking. It’s been a long time coming.

On the one hand I’m not thrilled about moving to West Hollywood because it reminds me of being at work. Another reason is, and this might sound silly, but some of the area is on an incline; which could get in the way of my skateboarding. Don’t get in the way of my skateboarding MAN!!! Originally, I planned to stay in the Miracle Mile area…which is pretty flat…and doesn’t remind of being at work. What I mean about “reminds me of being at work” is that I spend a lot of time being a part of “the scene” because of where I work. I don’t think there is anything wrong with “the scene” it’s just that I’m not that cool and I get overloaded by it…although it can be quite amusing at times.

That said; I’m working on trying to get cooler. Ya know; like a cool dude that goes out for happy hour and stuff like that. I need to go out more and be more social – maybe moving to West Hollywood will help. I don’t know. Why is it such a struggle for me to get out and be a part of “the scene”? Actually I do know why.

On the other hand it makes a lot of sense to live in West Hollywood because it’s convenient to the two places I go most often and still very central as far as auditioning and the business goes.
Audition: “Greenpeace PSA” @ Ross Lacy Casting. This was a fun one. It was quite confusing, but fun nonetheless. The audition was held in Studio 9 at The Casting Studios. This is significant because I know that Studio 9, at this particular facility, is a callback studio. Callback studios cost a lot more to book…so maybe it’s a callback. I had my callback game face on.

Sure enough, as soon as I walked in, there was the session runner, director, producers AND the people behind the one-way glass…yup I could see ‘em back there! So, obviously, this was a callback.

I had the dialogue down and was ready to rock n roll. I had a great partner in Blair Hickey; Blair is the owner of Casting About – a great service for actors. We usually chat when we see each other so we were very comfortable with each other going in. It went really well for both of us; so hopefully they’ll hire us both. They should! Right!?!?

Oh yeah. I noticed they were having callbacks for the “KFC” spot that I read for the other day. That’s stupid! I mean why would they have callbacks without me??? I was incredible in the audition, looked great on tape and am perfect for the spot. Geez. Some people just don’t get it…lol!

No comments: