Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Eleven years ago today I left New York on an ATA flight to Chicago on my way to Los Angeles to continue the journey of my acting career. While on my layover in Chicago I called my new agent, Alicia @ KSR (formerly KSA), and informed her that I was flying standby and didn’t know exactly what time I’d land in Los Angeles – tonight or early in the morning. Either way I told her that I would be ready to rock n roll by 12 noon tomorrow. She answered that she had an appointment for @ 10am….let the games begins.

That first week in Los Angeles Alicia got me 3 commercial auditions and, in return, I gave her 3 callbacks. I didn’t book any of them, but eventually that would change. So much has happened in those eleven years. I have been fortunate to work on numerous TV shows, a few films, 30+ commercials and even travel to a few places. It’s often said that it takes 10 years to be an overnight sensation. I guess things are about to get interesting.

Audition: “Toyota/NFL” @ Joe Blake Casting. This went really, really well. It’s for 16 spots!! They HAVE to bring me to callbacks. Well, they don’t have to, but it would be smart I think. I can add to this project MAN! 16 spots! I’d start specifically saving to invest in the family business or a condo/house – or both.

Oh yeah, here is the link to the CNN piece where I’m quoted. I was also quoted in an article in Back Stage…wow twice in one week! I guess I’m “moving on up!”

No comments: