Monday, August 03, 2009

Audition: “24” @ Pagano/Manwiller Casting. This one didn’t go well and I’m, admittedly, a little upset about it. It was one of those situations where I wondered whether to commit to the realities of all the stuff written in the scene or, as they say, “just read it”. I chose to go with the realities of what was on the page and that wasn’t what they were looking for. I don’t think I over did it, but when do you know when to ignore certain parts of the writing? I mean it said there was freakin’ radiation inside the vehicle. Do I ignore that? Radiation seems pretty serious to me. Anyway, I probably came off as too melodramatic when I read it the first time, but I guarantee you it will be filmed that way. THAT’S why is so important to know what serves an audition situation versus being on the actual set shooting the scene in hair, make-up and props…two different beasts. NEXT!

http://www.stephonfuller.com

No comments: