Monday, August 17, 2009

The Premiere of “Junkie Nurse” aka “Boppin’ at the Glue Factory” was last night at The Downtown Film Festival. I have to admit that I was unprepared for what happened. I think it was simply that I’ve had a lot going on lately with the move and all and I wasn’t consciously aware that this was my first film festival. Plus, it was so long ago that we film it.

One of the first people I saw when I entered the facility was director Jeff Orgill. After saying “hello”, the very next thing he wanted was to take me back downstairs for me to be interviewed about the film. WHAT??? Oh sh*t. I was trying to hold my composure, but I was a nervous wreck. It was so long ago that I honestly couldn’t remember all the scenes I was in. An instant later I find myself being interviewed by this young lady about my role in the film. I immediately knew that I should have been better prepared.

After the interview I went back upstairs where photographers were shooting photos of me and some of the other cast members. Obviously, it wasn’t crazy by Hollywood standards, but it was a damn trip for a guy like me who doesn’t usually seek out attention. After that we viewed the film and I was very, very happy with how it came out. It looked great and they even gave us a DVD copy of it. I had forgotten that I was in so many scenes; small, little comic-relief type bits, but quite a few of them. There was a very healthy audience in attendance and afterwards the whole cast went up on stage for a few questions. Afterwards, in the lobby, I was shocked at how many people came up to me to say they like me in the film.

All in all it was a fun experience; especially finally seeing the finished product…and getting a DVD copy without even having to ask. One thing is for sure that I’ll be better prepared next time…

http://www.stephonfuller.com

No comments: