Friday, October 30, 2009

Remember that audition for “Grey’s Anatomy” last week that I got a callback on, but let “life get in the way”? Yeah, I kinda beat myself up over that for a while afterwards. The saving grace was that I felt I did very well in the first audition and, even still, the callback wasn’t bad. It was just that I lost my focus over something silly. I didn’t prioritize.

Anyway today, one short week later, I had another audition scheduled for the next episode of “Grey’s Anatomy”. It’s a very similar type of role; a few lines to move the story along. Also, this time I’m going straight to read for the producers/director/writers rather than having to pre-read.

Audition/Producers: “Grey’s Anatomy” @ Lowy/Brace Casting. This went really well. Even though I didn’t have too much to do I had a ball doing it. It was fun to give a couple of lines a beginning, middle and end. When I finished, one of the casting directors said “Great…as usual”. Huh? That comment caught me by surprise. Not because I didn’t think I did great, because I didn’t feel that she would have really known who I was enough to refer to me in a sense of having a track record with her. That is probably a classic example of me underestimating exactly what a casting director’s responsibility is – knowing actors and what they can do. I can do the job. Thank you Linda Lowy; you put a smile on my face.

Several hours later, while I was getting some much needed rest, my agent called to tell me that there is a “pin” in me for the role on the show. That was great news to wake up to! Of course, I’m going out of town this weekend. As they say, “Buy a plane ticket if you wanna get a job”. I got a plane ticket, several in fact, now I hope I get the job. I’ll figure out the logistics.

http://www.stephonfuller.com

1 comment:

Brandi Ford said...

She paid you the best compliment any CD can- awesome!