Thursday, January 14, 2010

Audition: “Hot in Cleveland” @ Greenstein/Daniel Casting. I’m not sure how this one went. I think the best part of it was before I actually read for the part. I didn’t know it was a producer session; I thought I was just going on tape. So I walk in and right away Sean Hayes, Jack from WILL & GRACE, made a comment about my tie and jacket and I responded in a way that made the entire room erupt in laughter. That’s good right? The actual read? Eh, it was okay, but I showed that I was funny. We’ll see I guess.

I attended an agent panel at SAG the other night and for the entire 2 hours I was thinking that one of my best friends cousin would be a good fit for one of the agents on the panel. So I left a message for this actress immediately after the event. Of course I didn’t really know if it would work, but I felt it would be worth a try. So she called me back the next day and I gave her my opinion about why I thought she should contact the agent and how I thought she should approach it. Two days later the actress called me back and said that the agent offered her commercial representation. Yay! I’ve seen the work of this particular actress and I believe she is more than ready to be auditioning on a regular basis. I hope it works for them both.

http://www.stephonfuller.com

No comments: