Friday, January 22, 2010

Audition/Producers: “Cold Case” @ Shaner/Testa Casting. I really want to get on this show before it goes out of production. I’ve gotten close a few times…at least I’ve felt like I’ve gotten close. Two of my favorite associate CD’s, Shaunda Grace Jones & Kimberly Foster-McCollum, work at this office and the partners, Dan Shaner & Michael Testa are the type of Casting Director’s where you feel what they feel. You walk out of the room kinda knowing how it went.

I make the long walk in the rain to the bungalow on the Warner Bros. studio lot. I smiled as I entered; I felt good – great in fact. I’ve had good memories on the WB lot. I did my first real TV job there, “Friends” on January 14th & 15th 1999. THAT was really special. I was still working @ OLD NAVY then. I shudder to think of that experience. I also worked on a Pilot there in ’05 I think; I had my fitting for “Ocean’s Thirteen”; long story there and on and on…

There were several actors ahead of me when I signed in, which was good; it gave me a chance to really focus on the task at hand. After waiting about 30 minutes I overheard a few other actors talking about having already been there earlier in the day and it dawned on me that this was a producer session – great!

Shaunda, the associate for the show, greeted me warmly. I met her in a workshop years and years ago. She called me in for the role I booked on “ARLI$$” back in February 2001. A few minutes later, Kimberly, the other associate said she had just seen me in something on TV. She couldn’t remember what it was; which made it seem like I “work all the time”. I figured it was GREY’S ANATOMY” which just aired twice last week. It’s funny because I started feeling like “that actor”. Ya know, the guy who “knows everyone”. Lol! I am SO not that guy. Yeah, I know a few people, but not at all “everybody”. I wanted to just disappear. Crazy I know. For some reason I spend much of my life trying “stay out of the way”. It’s something I better get used to.

Ironically, the scene I did on ARLI$$ was with Sandra Oh; who I also did the scene with on GREY’S ANATOMY.

Anyway, the audition went well. I read it the first time and the director had some notes for me and I did it again. I would love to book this role; hopefully they’ll call with some good news.

http://www.stephonfuller.com

No comments: