Saturday, February 06, 2010

Tomorrow I have a commercial scheduled to air during the big game, the Super Bowl. I shot it about 6 weeks ago, and yes, I’ve mentioned it, but I don’t think even I embraced the full magnitude of what it means. The Super Bowl, in most years, is the most watched American television broadcast of the year. Wow, that’s huge.

The last few days it’s caught up to me that this is pretty special. I think it’s taken a while to sink in because I was never absolutely sure it was slated as a Super Bowl commercial at all. I was more concerned with the long term run, because in actuality, I don’t get paid any extra because it’s running during the big game…that first airing is included in the initial pay when I first filmed the spot. The second airing is where the financial magic starts to happen.

Thinking even more about it makes me want to place it high on the mantle of experiences I will have had as a performer. I’ve worked with some of the greats in this business – in commercials, in film and in television. I plan to continue that.

http://www.stephonfuller.com

No comments: