Thursday, April 08, 2010

Audition: “HawthoRNe” @ Megan Branman Casting. This was for two different roles. I felt that the first one I read for went well, but the other role was just okay. I think I was more right for the second role and I should have asked to do another take to smooth it out…but I didn’t. Mistake.

Audition: “Private Practice” @ Lowy/Brace Casting. Yup, I’m STILL trying to get on this show AND they are trying to get me on this show. That is a great place to be, but I NEED to seal the deal and go to the set to shoot it!

In the room I read the character once, got some direction and thought I followed it pretty well. I don’t know if they were giving callbacks right away, but, at any rate I’m confident that they will keep bringing me in until I get something on the show.

Tonight I attended the Los Angeles Premiere of “The Joneses”; a film directed by Derrick Borte. Derrick is a friend of mine, also from Virginia Beach, from way back in my BMX/Bodyboarding/Surfing days. Yeah, a long time ago.

It was almost surreal a year ago when I attended a rough cut screening of the project, but it was really surreal when I saw it at the ArcLight tonight. The film stars Demi Moore, David Duchovny and Lauren Hutton. I attended with Jonathan Julian, another friend from Virginia Beach. We really enjoyed the film and I expect him to generate quite a bit of heat from. Afterwards we went to the after party and had a great time. Derrick and I got to catch up a bit and talk a little shop. He’s already been hired to direct another feature this coming Fall. One of the really cool things is that Derrick still lives in Virginia Beach and doesn’t seem to have plans to move to Hollywood any time soon. So if you wanna see a film that will make you think go see “The Joneses” – it opens in limited release Friday April 17th!

http://www.stephonfuller.com

No comments: