Friday, December 03, 2010

I got off work this morning and just before jumping in the bed to get some rest I got the news that a friend, actress Chane’t Johnson, had died of a heart attack at the young age of 34. Needless to say I was speechless.

I remember, years ago, when she first arrived in Los Angeles to take on this world of Hollywood. We attended casting director workshops together at Actorsite. Not only was it immediately evident that she was incredibly talented and dedicated, but she was also a sweetheart with a warmth about her that was the size of her home state of Texas.

Chane’t didn’t waste any time letting the industry know that she had arrived. She started amassing TV credits right away. I remember her first one on The Division back in 2002. Many, many more followed. We lost a great one in losing her…she really cared about people. Rest in Peace Chane’t.

1 comment:

Shenita Moore said...

I had no idea Chane't had passed. May she rest in peace.

Shenita.