Saturday, April 14, 2012


Finally.  Today I started a stand-up comedy class with Judith Shelton.  I was completely and utterly terrified when I walked into the class.  Fortunately, Judith, is extremely warm and inviting.  I needed that.  I was beyond nervous.  Especially when we all introduced ourselves at the beginning of the class.  I don’t know why, but I just wanted to be anonymous, completely invisible…but at the same time I have a lot to share.  I think…

Anyway, we went through a few exercises and even got up on the microphone a few times.  I think I was okay.  Not NEARLY as funny and entertaining as I can be as “myself”.  Sometimes I come off as being totally serious and not much fun, but I’m not like that all of the time or even most of the time.  Judith asked me what I’m like “around my friends”.  I told her “I gotta get some friends”.  She thought I was kidding, but I wasn’t at all.  I live a very quiet life.  I mean, I know people, but my phone rarely rings for social events.  In short, I’m pretty lonely.  She said I should call my set GOTTA GET SOME FRIENDS.  I like it.  Plus, it’s true.  Very true.



http://www.stephonfuller.com

No comments: