Friday, April 05, 2013


Audition: “Chase” @ Ross Lacy Casting.  Eh, I did okay I think.  Actually, I think I did too much…which is probably not okay.

So I’m at the library working on my screenplay and my commercial calls.  Of course I hope it’s in reference to the avail for the TIME-WARNER CABLER commercial.

As usual, I let the call go to voicemail.

Now I wait and see how long it takes for the message notification to arrive.  If it’s a really short period of time I can usually bet that I’ve been released from my commercial avail.  However, if it takes longer, like 45 seconds or a minute there is a much better chance that it’s great news.

Wow, this one took more than a minute.  My heart started to race as I dialed in to retrieve the message.  The next indication of the outcome is the voice I hear on the other end.  The voice is that of Brooke. 

Great news.  I’ve been booked on the commercial!

The wardrobe fitting is this evening in a few hours in, of course, Santa Monica.

A few moments later production emailed me the call sheet along with my confirmed day of shooting.  I shoot on Sunday which means double pay and there are multiple conflict categories so I’m being paid scale +50%.  Plus, they are planning to shoot B-roll footage so I’ll also be signing an industrial contract.  Could be a very profitable day.

Upon further examination of the call sheet I look to see who was playing “my wife”.  To my delightful surprise it was the actress that I read with at the callback that thought she blew it. I was so happy for her, me and us.

The wardrobe fitting was cool.  I didn’t have to try on too many things.  David Shane, the director, remembered from our chat at lunch when we shot in New York that I was starting to write a little bit.  I told him I was still chipping away at it and had taken a few classes as well. 

I finished up and headed home, missed the bad traffic and went to work @ 9pm.  A really long, fruitful day. 


http://www.stephonfuller.com

No comments: