Wednesday, October 16, 2013

There are new, great and exciting developments at my “day job” which is actually at night.  These developments are so good and exciting that…I won’t be around to see them come to fruition.

At least not as an employee.

Serving burgers and fries is just too far and away from why it is I came to Los Angeles in the first place.  It’s been a great ride being on The Sunset Strip for the past 5 ½ years.  Well, “great ride” isn’t really accurate because, honestly, I’ve had to lie to myself to get through it.  One of my strategies at work has been to always stay busy doing something to keep my mind from going to the “dark side”.  That strategy has worked pretty well over the years, but I think I’m at the end of my rope.

It’s been tough on me mentally, emotionally, physically, etc.  It’s also helped me get out of the financial hole I was in.  I’m very thankful to have had the opportunity for steady employment there because I desperately needed it at the time and it was a great test ground for learning, developing and implementing my new financial habits.  I will be forever thankful for that.

I’m really excited about moving on, and honestly, a little nervous too.  I’m not sure exactly when I’m leaving just yet, but I’m almost positive I will not be there as an employee in 2014.

http://www.stephonfuller.com

No comments: