Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Today I had a lumbar puncture aka “spinal tap” scheduled at UCLA Medical Center.  Plainly put, I was freaking nervous. 

Before the puncture they did two other tests where they stuck me with multiple needles and shocked me with probes for 25-30 minutes.

The lumbar procedure ended up not being as bad as I expected.  As recommended I was stationary for 30 minutes following the procedure then went home.  I had been cautioned about a very specific headache that sometimes accompanies the procedure. 


Shortly after getting home it hit me.  The headache.  I immediately had to get into to bed.  I slept for 3-4 hours.  I then woke up and went to a movie.  I felt okay, not great, but not bad enough to not do anything.  I had no idea what was to come.

http://www.stephonfuller.com

No comments: