Monday, March 17, 2014

Callback: “Soup Plantation” @ Ross Lacy Casting. This was a good callback.  I was right in the zone and I think I’m really right for it.

Yesterday I was talking to a dear friend of mine; a friend of 20+ years. Someone who is younger than me, but I look up to. She's incredible.

We were talking about what is happening, so far, on my mentoring journey. I was telling her how the social worker assumed that I was brought up in a certain way based on what little she knows about me. I laughed and told the social worker that it wasn't like that at all.

This got me thinking and I asked my friend what it was about her mother that made her SO determined to ensure that her daughter (my friend) would rise above her circumstances. My friend answered, simply, that her mother wanted SO bad to give birth to her and to have the chance to be her mother.

That's when my friend told me that she (my friend) was born at 5 1/2 months and weighed just 2.1 pounds. I had no idea. I was fascinated. I was glad to know her late mother and can hear her unique voice as I write this.


I'm not sure where I'm headed with this. It just consumed me after hearing it. Me, I'm on a continual search of who I am and how I got to this place in my life...and of course where I'm going.

http://www.stephonfuller.com

No comments: