Saturday, March 05, 2016

While at work, I received the unfortunate news that my Aunt Barbara passed away back in Chester, Pennsylvania.  I wasn’t particularly close with my Aunt Barbara in recent years, but she was always such a warm, sweet lady.  I spoke to her back in December when she first went into the hospital.  We had a great conversation…and she made it clear to me that, when she passed away, I had “BETTER” be at the funeral. 

At this point I’m not sure what I’m going to do.  Well, I’m pretty sure, at the end of the day, I will be there, but it’s just so complicated.  You see, if I attend the funeral, I will most likely be in the same physical space as my father…assuming he attends.  This makes me so, incredibly nervous.  I haven’t seen or spoken to my father since 2003, one year after my mother passed away. 


Honestly, I haven’t spoken to anyone in my family in a few months, not even my youngest brother that I’m relatively close to.  Wait, that’s not totally true.  I’ve had some not so great conversations with my older brother.  He and I have never really had a good relationship.  I REALLY hope this changes for the better one of these days, but first people need to want it to change and I don’t have any evidence that that is the case…sad face.

http://www.stephonfuller.com

No comments: