Friday, August 05, 2016

Shooting: “Georgia Natural Gas” in Long Beach, CA.  Nice, bright and early call time of 7am and I didn’t have to work last night, so I’m feeling a bit rested…not always the case.

Fortunately, we were the first spot of 3 for today, because I have an audition scheduled this afternoon, back in Hollywood.  I ran into an old friend from my days in New York and early days here in LA, Marvin Bang, he was also working on this production.

Marvin gave me the good news that he had earned 20 SAG Pension Credits.  I’ve already qualified for a pension as well, but 20 credits is a bit of a milestone that I plan to reach, if not more.  I was overjoyed to hear that news!  I currently have 16, expecting that to be 17 by the end of this year.

A little after 9am I received a voicemail from an actor/CD/theater director and husband of CD that I know.  I don’t know him well, like he wouldn’t have my number without searching for it, but my number would be easy to find.  Anyway, he is directing a staged reading and needed to replace an actor who booked another gig.  He wanted to know if I could step in for him…tonight. 

Uhh…

I hadn’t been on stage, in any form, in a good while and I respect this persons’ taste and am happy that he thinks I can do it on such short notice.   

“Yeah, of course”, I told him.  He said, “Great, I’ll email the script right away”.

We finished shooting, had a great lunch and I was on my way back to Hollywood to my audition.        

Audition: Giovanni Rana Pasta” @ Ross Lacy Casting.  This didn’t go that well.  Not like “horrible”, I was just disconnected and not sure exactly what was going on…or is that horrible?

Staged reading: @ The Road Theatre.  This was a great time, the role was perfect for me and the lead was my former property manager from the first apartment I lived in when I first moved to Los Angeles.  SO glad I got this call!

This has been one, long, day.  Now, I have to go to my night job.  Ugh!

http://www.stephonfuller.com

No comments: