Wednesday, April 10, 2002

It's amazing what can happen in 3 hours, today was a some kind of day. I go to rehearsal for "The Bonnie Hunt Show" this afternoon and after going through wardrobe I was taken to set. First Bonnie wanted to talk to me. HUH? Some questions had come up about the scene I'm in.

They thought something could, in a round-about-kinda-way be look at as racist. She wanted to know how I felt about it. HUH? Yeah, she sat me down and we discussed it for 10 minutes, just her and I. Obviously, the decision was hers and hers only, but she wanted to know if I wanted to just do it or switch with the other guy in the scene. She said if the show gets picked up she would bring me back to do another episode.

So I'm thinking. Should I step down (the other role was smaller) or step out altogether. My mind is racing a mile a minute. I figure if I step down, the other role has fewer lines. If I step out, Bonnie will look out for me later. She will be actively trying to make something happen for me. Not a bad way for her to remember me I feel. I'll get paid for week either way.

I tell her that I trust her judgment; I feel the show will be picked up and I'll see her during the season. She thinks I made a smart move (believe me, I know it ain't about me, it's gonna be her decision). I had previously checked the IMDB's of all of the regulars and guest cast and she had worked with about half of them before. Also, the way I looked at it, there wasn't really anywhere for my character to go, as far as coming back on the show.

This leaves the door open for her to write something for "me" in this project or another. She shook my hand and gave me her word. Cool and surreal at the same time. I am still due to be there tomorrow so who knows what will happen between now and then.

I call my agent to fill her in on the details. Ten minutes later my agent calls back with an audition for a pilot called "Good Morning, Miami". It's from the same creative team as "Will & Grace". Tracy Lilienfield & Katherine Eckert are casting @ CBS Radford (last week while on the lot for something else I did drop-offs to everyone over there I could find). I was in Culver City, so she said to just get over there when I could.

Soon as I get on the lot I see Daniel Spanton, he's reading for a different show, love to see others in the field. The role is just a couple of lines, BUT it's the stage manager of a morning show. Yeah, you know what I'm thinking. They gotta have stage manager, right!?! Before I even got home I found out that I got the role, and it's already been picked up for 13 episodes. All that happened in 3 hours. I could get used to this.......

No comments: