Saturday, April 13, 2002

Today I participated in the table read for "Good Morning, Miami". For me, it is almost surreal to get to rub elbows with the people that I have since moving to LA. This was no exception, when we read Suzanne Pleshette was on my left and premier TV director James Burrows was on my right. I asked myself "how did I get here"? First we read it for James and Dave Kohan & Max Mutchnick; they are the writers/producers of "Will & Grace" and are behind this pilot as well. It was very well received by just us in the room. Forty-five minutes later we were scheduled to read it again for the network brass. The producers wanted all us to stay in the bungalow so that we would be presented to the network as a team. There were 40-45 people in the room. It was just weird to walk in have all these people applauding us. "How did I get here?"

Anyway we read it again with great responses from the room. You can really tell why these actors are working constantly; they really take the words and give them life. The show is already picked up for 13 episodes and since I have a very small, but sorta significant role there is talk of it recurring. Time will tell. I finish "The Bonnie Hunt Show"on Tuesday & start "GM, M" on Wednesday.

No comments: