Friday, April 19, 2002

Tonight I attended a rough cut screening of "The Bonnie Hunt Show" pilot. It was hilarious to say the least!! It isn't hard to tell why she is a viable "lead" for a show. She really drives the vehicle. I was barely seen or heard, which I figured would be the case. The part that was interesting was getting all kinds of wonderful marks from Bonnie and the 1st AD. Bonnie was saying that I was the only one of the "production crew" on the show that wasn't a Second City friend from Chicago and that I came right in and was able to keep up. Why thank you, LOL!! It wasn't that hard, I've had lots of cold reading practice. Separately, the 1st was thanking me for being able to switch roles the way I did. I HAD 2 LINES!!! Don't get me wrong, I'm smart enough to know that getting compliments from Bonnie, her writing partner Don Lake, the 1st AD & others is where you wanna be.

I had a great time, but there wasn't a whole lot for me to do. It was a treat just to watch this woman work with her team. What was really cool was when I was leaving the studio and one of the PA's was at the security gate. He had kind words for me. I kinda shrugged it off, but he said that he had seen "all" of the rough footage and I was very funny. I will be surprised if this show isn't on the ABC Fall schedule. For me, it isn't so much about this particular job; it's more the relationships that I am cultivating.

No comments: