Wednesday, April 17, 2002

Just checking in with what has been going on the last couple of days. Tuesday morning I get the scripts for both "Bonnie Hunt" & "Good Morning, Miami". Tuesday is shoot day for "BH" & the first day of rehearsal for "GM, M".

My agents had worked it out and "GM, M" was aware that I wouldn't be there for the first rehearsal. I only had a couple of lines so it didn't seem like a big deal. When I open the "GM, M" script I see that more than half of the guest cast was gone and there were some pretty significant changes in the script. "Omigod, have I been written out?!?!"(I have this thing were I think I am going to replaced everyday, weird huh). No. They wouldn't have sent me a script if I was no longer part of it. So I start looking for the changes. My role had changed a bit, now I was in the opening scene with the series lead and it was more than a couple of lines.

One problem, I WON'T BE THERE TO REHEARSE!! I am @ "BH" shooting! I was curious as to what this would mean, if anything. So the entire day at "BH" and wondering if I am gonna get replaced "GM, M". I am not freaked out about getting replaced, it happens. I sorta feel like I will have arrived when it does happen. I would think that quite a few big name actors have been replaced, fired, written out, sort of a right-of-passage maybe.

Towards the end of the 12 hour day @ "BH" my agent calls with my call time for "GM, M". I'm still employed!! LOL!! I was expecting more changes in the script Wednesday morning. Of course there were changes that included me, plus they added 3 characters. When casting directors' say that things happen fast, they mean it. Keep sending those postcards. The small roles that pop-up at the last minute are, most likely, being cast from their files. It is interesting actually witnessing the process in real time.

Wednesday 9AM-I meet 2 of the 3 new cast members and we table read the new script with director James Burrows. After that, we do a blocking rehearsal. Later we do a run-thru with the producers and entire "Will & Grace" writing staff, working each scene as we go. 4 more days to go, I am curious to see if I will survive the rewrites...........Oh yeah, the third role hadn't been cast yet. Doesn't matter, it was cut during the producer run-thru. Things happen fast.

No comments: