Sunday, May 19, 2002

The other day I received an e-mail from a writer whose screenplay I read at The AngelCiti Screenplay Festival 18 months ago. We played phone-tag for a couple of days and finally got to speak. First, he tells how hard it was to find me. I'm thinking that I am very easy to find. The kicker was that he didn't know my name. He had seen an "Icehouse" beer commercial that I did a while back and recognized me. He mistakenly though it was a "Dominos" spot and still didn't know my name. He has a friend that works in commercial casting and mention this to her. He was able to tell her what my dialogue was in the spot and she vaguely remembered it. By coincidence, the office that she works for cast the spot!! So he starts watching all these tapes and finds it and then me.

When we finally talk, he tells me that he's written a new script that is in pre-production. Based on reading his short 18 months ago at the AngelCiti Screenplay Festival there is a part for me in his new feature. So he is sending it to me to read and then meet this week. You never know how these things will show up your life.

No comments: