Wednesday, May 15, 2002

Since pilot season has finished I have been concentrating on commercials like a mad man. While working on a couple of things last month I missed several commercial auditions, one was an avail. Ouch! I have never taken my commercial appointments for granted, but I understand that I'm gonna miss things from time to time.Yesterday morning my agent calls with an appointment for that afternoon for a spot that was to shoot this week. When I got to the casting office they said it was to be booked that night and work today (Wednesday). It called for a 'hardcore rapper' for IBM to be directed by the legendary Joe Pytka. I have been targeting this office/director for some time with drop-offs, postcards, etc.

I didn't get the call last night so I figured they moved on without me. This afternoon I was dropping off a new photo to my agent and joking with them about all these callbacks and avails with few bookings. This evening I get the call that I've been booked on the spot. Me as 'hardcore rapper'? Thankfully I didn't have to rap!! Anyway, it's IBM Worldwide, national & internet. I think I've heard all of the Pytka stories. My agent even cautioned me of his abrasive style. I can't wait!! He was my #1 target of commercial directors to work with. Now let's hope they don't change their mind in the next 12 hours. LOL!!

No comments: