Monday, August 12, 2002

DAY FOUR "Honda/Japan"-Today we started work at Zuma Beach and then moved out into the Santa Monica Mountains. I just had the best time; this spot is right down my alley. Today I got to skateboard, play Frisbee, go camping, sing "Hit Me with Your Best Shot" and ride a mountain bike. We really earned it on this shoot.

The mountain bike portion had me so charged up that I almost got myself in trouble. I grew up riding BMX bikes and presently have a mountain bike. I wanted to just ride to my hearts content, but I had to follow the script. Craig and I took a couple of dry runs down the specified hill and then it was camera time. On the first run Craig went over handle bars right next to me. He was okay and we were right back in the saddle. A couple of runs later I went over the bars too. I wasn't hurt either; we both were wearing the necessary safety gear. I would love to see it on film though!!

A couple of shots later we wrapped four days of shooting!! It was definitely one of the most enjoyable projects I've ever been on. I thanked everyone for a good time. The producer, Ron Ishimoto asked me to do him a favor. "Sure, what do you need?" I answered. "Practice your snowboarding please." YES!!! See ya in October!

No comments: