Wednesday, February 04, 2004

I had a callback for the "KFC" spot today. I think it went well. It seemed that there were more people there than the original audition! Oh well, somebody is going to book it. It sure would be nice if it was me.

I usually call my buddy Jon if I audition for something I think he's right for so he can call his agent or drop-off a photo. Today he called me with a tip on a "Ford" spot @ Ross Lacy Casting. I wasn't sure what to do at first. My options were:

1. Go to the casting facility, "case the joint" and see if I can get seen somehow.

2. Call my wonderful agents @ KSA and get them on the case.

3. Do nothing. I have auditioned @ Ross' office 4 times this year, so he obviously knows of me. There could be a specific reason as to why I don't have an appointment. The last thing I want to do is be a nuisance. I pick and choose my battles carefully, I don't want to call my agent on every little thing. That'll be a quick way to lose their respect. "Sometimes you have to slow down in order to move forward".

After thinking it over for a while I decided to call my agents and get their help. I spoke to Michael, one of the great assistants, and he said "I'll ask Alicia and get back to you". A moment later I got word that they were finished for the day, but would try to see me tomorrow. I am happy with that.

I called today to find out exactly when the "Michelob Ultra" spot would start airing. The not so great news is that it isn't scheduled to start in February as planned. The good news is that it's still scheduled to run. I guess I'll have to wait a little longer.

No comments: