Thursday, February 05, 2004

What a day!! I had 4 really good auditions today. First up my agent got me an appointment for the "Ford" spot from yesterday. It was one of those spots where they were looking for a really wide range of types. They just wanted to see something that you were passionate about. The question I was asked was "Have you seen any good films lately?" My answer a resounding "Yes!!" I talked about the film "Monster" starring Charlize Theron. I'm sure they felt my passion in talking about Charlizes' performance. I'm glad I got in on it.

Next up: A "Midas" audition at Craig Colvin Casting. Craig calls me in a lot. One of these days I am going to book something for his office. Since I was wearing a shirt and tie for that audition I stopped by my commercial agency so they could see me in that outfit. They seemed to really like my new look. Anything to help them see me in different light. I also thanked them for getting me so many appointments without proper photos and told them that they will have my proofs in a couple of days.

Next: A producer session for "Joan of Arcadia"; associate Chuck McCollum has called me in before and recommended me for a play in the past. I really wanted to show well for him and his producers/writers/director. The role was that of a "groovy poet". I felt really good about it. I don't know if I will book it, but I feel Chuck will bring me back for something else.

I had a little time to kill before my next audition so I slipped into Best Buy for a minute. While there my theatrical agent called and asked how it went. They never call and ask how it went. I told her I felt really good about it and that if I perform like that on a more regular basis we will all make a lot more money. She really liked hearing that. She then asked if I could write down some details. I thought I had booked the role on "Joan of Arcadia", but instead it was info on a pilot audition for tomorrow. Cool. After ending the call I then thought maybe she got bad feedback or I made a fool of myself at the audition. Was that why she asked how it went? Oh no!! Sometimes we aren't as special as we think. Oh well.

I stopped by my theatrical agents office to pick up the script for tomorrow. One of my agents hadn't seen my new hair style yet too. She said she liked it. When I was attempting to leave my car would not start. I didn't freak out, but I had another audition in 40 minutes and it wasn't looking good. Finally 15 minutes later it started and I was on my way. I thought I was going to have to call AAA.

Lastly, I have an appointment for a SAG Experimental feature that a friend, fellow actress Jennifer Fontaine is producing. Jennifer is a very, very talented actress and I'm honored that she thought to bring me in for her project. When I entered the room to audition the person running the camera is Lydia Blanco. Lydia and I worked together on "The Terminal" back in November. I had a great time reading the material and I think I am right for the role. We'll see.
Fortunately, my car started when I left to go home. What a day!!

It's been 196 days since my outside driver door handle broke. Yeah, it's getting really old. To get in my car I have to:

1. Unlock the passenger door

2. open and reach over to put key in ignition

3. Hit the switch to roll down the driver side window (at least they are power windows). At this point I'm leaning from the passenger side to the driver side.

4. get back out of the car, walk around to driver side, reach in, unlock and open the door.

This wouldn't be a big deal if I worked a 9-5 job, but I'm in and out of the car all day long. Other issues that the car has are a cracked radiator, seat belt buzzer sounds when I hit the brakes, it's burning oil and the radio turns on and off at will. What do I expect with 229,900 miles on the odometer. With that being said my trusty Honda has been a dream. I plan to get another one in the near future, but I want to do it with cash. I cannot fathom having a car payment, not without a steady paycheck. In due time my car situation will improve. In a funny way I enjoy it; it shows me that I am really serious about this career.

No comments: