Tuesday, May 25, 2004

What is going on with my life? Sometimes I feel I really know and other times I have no clue. It's not that I'm unhappy or disenchanted about the way things are working. Actually, things are quite well. It's just that there is so much more I want to do. I am really feeling the itch to go back to Virginia Beach and work in the family business or start up a new one with my two brothers.

This is not a new thought for me. I have always planned to make this happen in some form or fashion, but lately the urge has been quite strong. I actually thought about the notion of really doing it. The problem is that I really like what I do here in Los Angeles. I guess that's not a problem really.

I have a connection with my little brother Todd like no one else on this planet and I look forward to working together with him. I don't see myself severely cutting back my time in LA, but I am thinking about. Everything starts with an idea.

It was scary to even think about the reality of doing it. I know I was really serious because tears came to my eyes just pondering the notion.

I usually get kinda weird about things in May/June & December before I go home for vacation. I think I'm just a little rundown and need a break.

With all of this being said I don't see myself walking in my agents' offices and saying "Thanks for everything, I'm leaving" anytime soon. I still have a lot of work to do in this business, more countries to visit, more characters to explore, more legends to work with, bigger checks to deposit, etc. My agents have worked hard, they believe in me and I have put in a lot of time and dedication to get where I am. I can't just walk away from what momentum I have...........at least not now.

I'm sure this anxiety will subside a bit once I get back to Virginia in the middle of June, but I definitely have an itch that may need scratching.

No comments: