Friday, August 13, 2004

Drops usually work pretty smooth for me, but today I ran into a situation where I have never been so unhappy to get on a studio lot. I was doing a drop at Culver Studios for an "Untitled Albert Brooks Project". I approached the guard at the gate just to explain that I wanted to just leave in the drop box/mailroom whatever. You would think that they get that a lot right? Anyway, to my horror he calls the casting office to get me a walk-on. NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! I don't want or need a walk-on. He was just being nice, but it screwed up my approach. I didn't want to draw focus in this situation, just get my photo in the pile. So he gives me directions to the bungalow and I don't even go inside. I just left it at the door and bounced out of the there.

On the way out I walked past the stage where I worked on the pilot of "Life With Bonnie". That brought back pleasant memories of being a working actor. Ha! Imagine that? A working actor.............

No comments: