Thursday, August 05, 2004

Finally!! The postcards are gone. It took longer than usual because I'm using old postcards and I had to get a little creative to make it work. Hopefully, my theatrical appointments will spike next week.

Later I dropped by my theatrical agency; it's always great to see my agents they are wonderful ladies. One of the agents informed me that she's leaving the business. This news totally caught me by surprise, I was speechless. She became a first-time mother late last year and wants to be with her daughter.

Don't get me wrong, I'm only about 10% upset. I think it's an absolutely beautiful thing that she is doing. Her daughter is sooooooo cute and sweet. Everytime I go to the office she is so happy and playful. I don't know how they're going to keep her out of show business, she seems like she should be doing commercials already. Makes me want to have a family of my own.......soon.......well maybe not that soon.

So what does this all mean for me? I'm not sure really. At this point things are still being worked out. I've been told the options are:

Hiring a new agent.
Bringing in a partner.
Merging with another entity or vice-versa, etc.

You never know how these things will play out. I don't have any reason to believe I would be dropped from or leave the agency. I'm very happy there and have been for 6 years and I have reason to believe that they are happy having me as a client as well. BUT!! Sometimes new energy comes in and they tighten up the client list. You never "really" know where you stand until you really know where you stand. So with that being said I have to be prepared for the phone call or letter saying that I've been dropped from the list. I've put my game face on for a potential agent search just in case. I believe things will work out just fine though.

No comments: