Sunday, August 08, 2004

Today is the table read and first rehearsal for the play that I guess I am understudying in. I say "I guess" because I haven't really been told for sure. The name of the production is: "For the Love Of Freedom, Part III: Christophe (The Spirit) Passion and Glory". This is a powerful piece to say the least. It is a story about the Haitian slave revolt.

After the table read I still had no idea what role(s) I was understudying and did not get a script. I was a little confused and had to leave a tad bit early. I figured, they have my number they'll call when they need me. In truth, I was overwhelmed with not knowing what was being asked of me. I avoid giving my word to something I cannot do. At the same time I feel that there is some magic happening with this show. So I'm down for the cause.

No comments: