Monday, August 23, 2004

I am still sore from rehearsal two days ago. My arm is killing me from one of the moves we were doing. BUT I think I'm going to start attending more of the rehearsals, even the ones I am not in. I really want to get this piece under my skin. I'm not really a "quick-study" so it takes me longer than most to get things. Plus I always have tons of questions, I over analyze things. When I don't "get it" I lose confidence.

It happened again today! While doing a drop-off at Raleigh Studios the guard let me on the lot. Actually, it seemed it was my only choice since I couldn't leave the photo at the gate. I'm usually a little weary of rolling up to the offices on the lot, but I just left it at the door and bounced.

Also, I did a drop at Tepper-Gellegos Casting and they were seeing actors for a "Chevy" spot that I felt I was right for, so I scoped out the joint to see what I might be able to do. The session runner ask my name to see where I was on the list. I told her I didn't have an appointment, but I was repped by KSA. She asked my name and called her boss upstairs to see what I should do. The answer was to leave my photo and they'll see. On the way home I called my wonderful agents at KSA and spoke with Angie. She passed the word to one of my agents, Brooke, who made a call and got back to me. The verdict is that I should get seen on Wednesday. Cool, I'll take that.

Okay, tonight I audit the scene-study class that the director, Ben Guillory teaches. This guy is the shit! Sorry, I don't know how else to put it. A four hour class and he left no stone unturned. Of course, I'm still getting to know Ben, but he sure seems like a great guy. Simply auditing that class will help me in rehearsal for the play.

No comments: