Monday, August 30, 2004

Yesterday at rehearsal, the screen cracked on my HP iPAQ PDA, the little Pocket PC that I carry everywhere. WHAT!!!! I don't think I took a breath for 5 minutes afterwards. I just stared at it and said........well you don't need to know what I said.......it sounded like "%^$#&**&^%!!!" I use it CONSTANTLY for everything, scheduling, contacts, e-mail, tasks, notes, photos, etc. I know it's a chance that I take that I will either break it or lose it, but it still hurts.

My saving saving grace was that I purchased it at Costco and I am a HUGE fan of www.costco.com I don't expect them to take care of it because it would be so easy for them to say that I dropped it or somehow abused it. I didn't, I swear. I had it in a protective leather case in my side cargo pocket and I didn't sit on it or anything like that. I could see if I was rough housing or something like that, but I wasn't. I had just used it 5 minutes before I discovered it was broken. Ugh!!! Anyway, I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Speaking of Costco, last month I changed my car insurance to Costco, yeah Costco. It's backed by American Express. Yeah, I had been insured by "21st Century Insurance" and didn't have any problems or claims, but I wanted to shop around to see if I could get more for my money. Actually, I stayed with them a little longer than I might have out of of guilt.

I did a commercial for "21st" in the Fall of 2002. It was a testimonial, so I had to actually be a policy holder. They even did a background check on me. I guess it came up clean.....or clean enough! Anyway, when the check arrived they included a bounus of $200 to thank me for being a customer. WHAT!!! I thought it was a mistake, I called my agent because I couldn't figure why I had been over-paid. I wanted to give the money back before I cashed the check. Needless to say I was quite surprised and that made me a customer of "21st" for longer than I might have been. To make a long story short my coverage went from:

21st-
Bodily Injury $15,000 each person/$30,000 each accident
Property damage $10,000
Including Comprehensive & Collision
Uninsured motorist $15,000 each person/$30,000 each accident

Costco/Amex-
Bodily Injury $100,000/$300,000 each accident
Property damage $100,000
Including Comprehensive & Collision
Uninsured motorist $100,000 each person/$300,000 each accident

For the same price, yup the same price. My sister-in-law works for one of the major insurance carriers and she has told horror stories of being under insured.

Cut to:
4:30pm-I just got back from Costco and they let me return my PDA and gave me cash back. This is really good news, I didn't want to spend several hundred bucks on a new one. Now I just have to wait for them to get them back in stock. Thank you Costco!!

No comments: