Monday, September 20, 2004

Audition: Producers for "Less Than Perfect" @ Mossberg/Anthony Casting. I auditioned for the pilot of this show a couple of years ago. Another one that didn't go all that great. I don't think I made a strong enough choice. With the really small roles you know it's not about you, but you're still a presence and you need to be there. They are getting harder for me to do.

Audition: "CBS Showcase" @ CBS/Fern Orenstein Casting. They want a 1 minute monologue. ARGGGHHHHH! I hate doing monologues! I'm gonna embrace it and try to do the best I can.
True to form. I started out pretty ok, but then had a sizable "hiccup" and sorta recovered. Anyway.............

Audition: "Fun With Dick and Jane" @ Debra Zane Casting. YES!! They are giving me another shot! I auditioned for this film a couple of months ago and obviously didn't book. Ooops, this appointment was postponed. I sure hope it's rescheduled in the near future.

I have to admit that every time I see an "Ocean's Twelve" ad, and I see a lot of them these days, it gives me this feeling I can't quite describe. Ugh!! I mean I see stuff all the time that I auditioned for, but knowing that I was actually chosen by Steven Soderbergh and it didn't happen. No, I'm not bitter. Ha!! Anyway, I kinda think these things are a sign that I am on the right track. I'm sure most of the working actors today have some sort of story like that. I am so fortunate that CD Debra Zane and Associate Tannis Vallely haven't forgotten about and bring me in every chance they get. Ugh!! There is another "O12" poster.................

YES!!!!! I think I had a breakthrough tonight at rehearsal with the dance/marching steps. The wonderful choreographer, Ayana Carr, pulled me aside as soon as I walked in and gave me the special attention I need. It really boosted my confidence. I'm still goofy as hell, but I am much, much more on the right track. No, I'm not goofy, I just have two left feet when it comes to dance.

I am so fortunate to be a part of this production in the company of all of these talented performers from all over the country and world. I look at them and just in awe of many of the performances. It is really a whole new group of people that I didn't know previously. Many of them have done a lot of theater and I haven't so that is probably why our paths haven't crossed for the most part. This won't be the last show I do in Los Angeles. Hopefully next time it won't be as an understudy, I don't think I am too crazy about the understudy thing.

No comments: